Advancial Federal Credit Union ranked 21st in the Medium-Sized Companies category for the 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Texas. The awards program was created in 2006 and is a project of Texas Monthly, the Texas Association of Business (TAB), Texas SHRM and Best Companies Group.

 We’re proud to be recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Texas for the ninth consecutive year,” said Brent Sheffield, Advancial’s President and CEO. “It’s a testament to our outstanding employees and the positive culture we build together every day.

Advancial first landed on the Best Companies to Work for in Texas list in 2011 and has made it every year thereafter. In order to maintain its place as one of the best places to work in the state, Advancial offers uncommonly rich benefits to retain its employees and to attract new talent: a vacation home in Florida that employees can use for free with a second vacation home in the works, an 8% 401K contribution with no matching required, a robust health, dental, and vision plan, and much more. They even offer and subsidize pet insurance for their employees’ furry family members.
Advancial’s final 2019 ranking was announced at the Texas Association of Business (TAB) Best Companies to Work for in Texas Awards Dinner and Celebration on March 28 at the Hilton, Downtown Austin.

“This really is a unique place to work,” said Olivia Thurmond, VP of Human Resources, who joined the Advancial team in November of 2018. “Advancial’s history on the Best Companies to Work for in Texas list was definitely a factor in my decision to join the company” she said. “While many companies look for ways to cut benefits to save money, Advancial is always looking for new ways to make our benefits even better. I’m confident we’ll be on this list for many years to come.” Thurmond joined Advancial with 27 years of experience in Human Resources after relocating to Texas from Seattle.

Companies from across the state entered the two-part survey process to determine the Best Companies to Work for in Texas. The first part, worth approximately 25% of the evaluation, consisted of evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, systems, philosophies, practices, and demographics. The remaining 75% of the evaluation consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings.

With a history dating back to 1937, Advancial provides a diversified line of advanced financial solutions to its members. Today, Advancial is a full-service financial institution that serves more than 80,000 members worldwide and has assets of approximately $1.6 billion.