A checking account that makes you pay to access your own money is no friend to your finances. Truth is, plenty of banks charge fees that can chip away at your account balance. Not so at Advancial. Our checking accounts are designed to benefit your bottom line, not a bank’s shareholders.
Check out the Advancial difference
According to Bankrate.com, the average monthly service fee for non-interest-bearing checking is $5.57 – you’d need an average daily balance of more than $600 to avoid the fee. Interest-bearing accounts charge a whopping $14.35 a month on average (and you’d need to maintain an average daily balance of more than $6,000 to avoid the fee – yikes!). Overdraft fees average $33.23, and the average surcharge to use an out-of-network ATM is $3.02.*
A bank customer with an interest-bearing account who is unable to maintain the average daily balance could end up spending more than $172 a year in service fees. And that’s before adding in overdraft and foreign ATM fees.
In contrast, Advancial’s Ultimate Checking account offers:
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance**
- No overdraft transfer fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- $0 fee on non-Advancial ATM transactions***
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free checks
And that’s not all …
Our Ultimate Checking account also provides benefits you won’t see in most other checking accounts, including:
- Dividends. Earn dividends on your Ultimate Checking balance.**
- Debit card rewards. Earn 1 point for each $5 spent on your card. Redeem for travel, cash back or choose from a long list of gift cards and merchandise.
- Save UpSM program. When you enroll in this program, Advancial rounds up all debit card transactions to the nearest dollar and transfers that amount to your savings account. It’s an easy, automatic way to build your savings or emergency fund. That change adds up!
- CO-OP Shared Branch Access. Enjoy access to 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,000 locations nationwide through the CO-OP Shared Branching Network.
Teens? Expats? We’re here for you, too
We want our younger members as well as new arrivals to the U.S. to benefit from Advancial’s checking programs:
Dinero Checking is designed for teens age 13 to 18. It offers many of the same features as Ultimate Checking – no minimum balance, free ATMs, no monthly fee, debit card rewards and the Save Up program. Dinero Checking helps teens learn about managing money, while allowing their parents to keep track of their spending (an adult is required to be co-owner of the account).
Inbound USA Checking is designed for recent expats. When you move to the U.S. for work or studies, it may be difficult to open a bank account. Inbound USA Checking makes it simple, with free checking and ATM access as well as no foreign transaction fees. Major banks in the U.S. may also offer expat banking accounts, but monthly fees usually start at $10 a month.
Start making the most of your money today with your Advancial membership. All it takes is a $5 deposit in an Advancial savings account and you’ll be on your way to taking advantage of everything we have to offer. To learn more about eligibility or to apply for membership, visit any Advancial location or go online.
* Source: Bankrate’s 2018 checking account and ATM fee study, bankrate.com.